Construction of the long-awaited addition to the Wayne County Historical Society’s Main Street museum and library continues on schedule. When completed, the addition will echo the wooden “coal pockets” which once lined the opposite bank. The coal was stored in the pockets waiting to be loaded onto the Delaware & Hudson Canal, which closed in 1898. The 1860 museum building was the headquarters of the canal company. Construction should be completed by fall and a grand opening is planned for the spring of 2008. Fund raising efforts to pay for construction continue, with the raffle of a 2008 Dodge Avenger and Harvest Festival 2007 dinner on September 21. For more information on either, contact the Wayne County Historical Society at 570-253-3240 or check out their website at www.waynehistorypa.org.
© Copyright 2017 , All Rights Reserved.
Wayne County Historical Society P.O. Box 446, 810 Main Street Honesdale, PA 18431 Phone: (570) 253-3240 Fax: (570) 253-5204Powered by TechniServe, Inc.